testata Forum Natura Mediterraneo
Forum | Registrati | Msg attivi | Msg Recenti | Msg Pvt | Utenti | Galleria | Map | Gadgets | Cerca | | FAQ | Regole |NUOVA Tassonomia | Pagina Facebook di Natura Mediterraneo | Google+
Suggerimento: Come inserire i video di Youtube nel Forum Clicca qui!
Cerca
Salva
Password dimenticata

Galleria Tassonomica
 di Natura Mediterraneo

Tutti i Forum
 Forum Animali - Natura Mediterraneo
 MOLLUSCHI TERRESTRI E DULCIACQUICOLI
 September rain in Malta
 Nuova Discussione
 Versione Stampabile my nm Leggi più tardi
I seguenti utenti stanno leggendo questo Forum Qui c'è:
Autore Discussione Precedente Discussione Discussione Successiva  

dpc
Utente Junior

Città: Santa Venera

Regione: Malta

30 Messaggi
Flora e Fauna

Inserito il - 24 settembre 2009 : 01:54:44 Mostra Profilo  Apri la Finestra di Tassonomia

Today was arguably the first day of heavy rainfall on the Maltese Islands. Satisfied that the hot season had now run its course and the fact that snails will be far easier to come by, I started off on a short trip to the north of Malta to observe the first opportunists' activities. within a short time, my search was rewarded with no less than two pairs of mating Cantareus aspersus:

Immagine:
September rain in Malta
120,04 KB

Immagine:
September rain in Malta
55,63 KB

Of course these were not the only couples, other pairs were spotted over the garigue every now and then. The amorous mood was evidently not restricted to this species, since several Tudorella sulcata melitense were also making good use of the humid weather conditions and pairing up:

Immagine:
September rain in Malta
73,34 KB

Other individuals just waited for their turn, quickly retracting into their shells and slamming the door shut at the slightest sign of danger.

Immagine:
September rain in Malta
85,55 KB

However, the true prize was still to come. After some very dangerous slides on wet clay slopes I came across this beautiful snail:

Immagine:
September rain in Malta
93,38 KB

This is the very rare Hohenwartiana hohenwarti, immediately distinguishable from Ferussacia by the bright yellow colour of its body. The above photo didn't do it justice, so for a better photograph I picked up a few of the snails to shield them against the wind which was threatening to blow my camera away, then returned them to their habitat after the photo session was over! :) The uniqueness of the snail surely made the difficult access to get to its habitat worth every scratch...

Immagine:
September rain in Malta
53,54 KB

ang
Moderatore

Città: roma

Regione: Lazio

11306 Messaggi
Tutti i Forum

Inserito il - 24 settembre 2009 : 11:30:34 Mostra Profilo Apri la Finestra di Tassonomia
thank you dpc for sharing these pictures, i see the first excited the curiosity of orstan in his blog

ciao

ang

Altissimum planetam tergeminum observavi (Galileo)
Torna all'inizio della Pagina
  Discussione Precedente Discussione Discussione Successiva  
 Nuova Discussione
 Versione Stampabile my nm Leggi più tardi
Scorciatoia

Natura Mediterraneo © 2003-2020 Natura Mediterraneo Torna all'inizio della Pagina
Questa pagina è stata generata in 0,16 secondi. TargatoNA.it | Movie BackStage | Snitz Forums 2000

Leps.it | Herp.it | Lynkos.net